I am a Research Assistant at IFIS, TU Braunschweig. Currently, I am working with Generative Bayesian Models to reveal the value of relevant objects within the Sea of Data –some people call it Big Data. My research interests look at the creative intersection of current state of the art in the Machine Lerarning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval and the Semantic Web.
2000-2002 Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Master of Science. Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
1994-1999 Merida Institute of Technology. Computer Science Engineer , specialist in Databases and Systems. Mérida, Yucatán, México.
2004-2013 Director of the School of Engineering. Universidad del Valle de México Campus Villahermosa, Tabasco, México. Some projects I have worked on are:
- “Lince Learning Assistance (L2A)“, a project winner of a grant by Hewlett-Packard “Technology for Teaching Higher Education”. The main idea behind the project was to improve programming learning methods at the University.
- “Sistema de Soporte Informático Aplicado a la Estadística a través de Internet”. Grant by FOMIX CONACYT (Mexican National Science Foundation).
- iCarnegie Certification Leader, SSD3(Object Oriented Programming) and SSD5(Data Structures and Analysis), a partnership with Carnegie Mellon’s filial iCarnegie.
2002-2003 Research Staff at the University of Augsburg, Germany
Design and implementation of a personalized news notification system using MPEG-7, named “Pnews”. A DFG funded project. Some contributions:
- Design and implementation of the User Registration module, using Jakarta Tomcat JSP/Servlets, SSL, MySQL, y XML.
- Design and implementation of the Visual Interface between PXPATH, an extension of XPATH, and natural language queries.
- Design and implementation of the ontology used in the notification system. Impemented in DAML using Java as the programming language
2000-2002 Research Assistant at the Media Laboratory of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA USA. Research areas: natural language processing, information extraction, information retrieval, recommended systems. Thesis: A Knowledge Network Model of Scientific Institutions”. Some projects developed at the lab:
- InfoThinker: An inference system to administer information from several sources (unstructured data).
- Kinix: Recomendation system used to determine experts in differet fields using their scientific production: articles, books, personal web pages.